According to Newsmen, Israel’s military has carried out a deadly air raid on a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, killing more than 30 people, according to Palestinian officials.
The attack on al-Maghazi camp in central Gaza on Saturday was the latest in a series of bombings that have targeted densely populated areas in the besieged enclave, where nearly two million Palestinians live.
The Ministry of Health in Gaza said the victims of the raid were taken to al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in Deir el-Balah. Among them were many women and children, the ministry said in a statement
Palestinian news agency Wafa reported that the bombing killed 51 people, but Al Jazeera could not independently verify the number of casualties.
Israel’s military did not comment on the attack, but a spokesperson told the AFP news agency it was investigating whether its forces had been operating in the area at the time.
The air raid came as the United States rejected calls by Arab countries for an immediate ceasefire in the monthlong conflict, which has killed more than 10,000 people on both sides.
US Secretary of State Blinken, who is on a regional tour to discuss the crisis, said a full ceasefire would “leave Hamas in place to regroup and repeat attacks”.