President Bola Tinubu writes Senate for implementation of resolutions from recent ECOWAS Extraordinary Meeting held in Abuja on Sunday.
1. Closure and monitoring of all land borders with Niger Republic and reactivating of the border drilling excercise.
2. Cutting off Electricity supply to Niger Republic.
3. Mobilizing international support for the implementation of the provisions of the ECOWAS communique.
4. Preventing the operation of commercial and special flights into and from Niger Republic.
5. Blockade of goods in transit to Niger especially from Lagos and eastern seaports.
6. Embarking on sensitization of Nigeriens and Nigerians on the imperative of these actions particularly via social media.
7. Military build up and deployment of personnel for military intervention to enforce compliance of the military junta in Niger should they remain recalcitrant.
Senate to debate these resolutions in the next legislative meeting.